We Love What We Do. It's Our Passion
Kim has over 40 years of experience with Headstone World having been trained in the old skills of the industry.
- Over 25 years as a National Management member of the New Zealand Master Monumental Masons Association (President 2011-2012).
- 18 years Secretary/Treasurer of Central Districts NZMMMA.
- NZMMMA National Assessor.
- NZMMMA Qualification Author.
- Author of the industries best practice document – Preservation of Graves and Memorials.
- BCITO (Building & Construction Industry Training Organisation) National Advisory Group.
- BCITO industry consultant.
- Member of BNI Wine Country Havelock North.
Becoming a Monumental Mason straight from school has turned out to be a long life love in the industry. The company has a special something about it, being over 150 years old and is drenched in history. The generations of families that the company has guided through memorialisation for their loved ones adds to the history of the area, the company, and has become one of the greatest achievements in my life.
From Kim | Director
Headstone World is considered the leading company in New Zealand with the preservation and conservation of historic monuments
Our parent company
Hawkes Bay Monumental Works is the oldest Monumental Company in Hawkes Bay. Our Napier store is on its original site on Clive Square since the 1870s.
Preserving and Conserving Memorials in New Zealand
We led the formation of a National guideline for the
correct practice for the preservation and conservation of our memorials, this was produced by our association NZMMMA and put forward as a living guideline policy for National and Local Government.
Expanding our reach
Our work extends throughout the North Island and includes advisory roles for councils, historic cemeteries such as Napier Hill, Bolton St and Karori Wellington.
What Clients Are Saying